Sunday, November 10, 2013

I'M BAAAAAACK!




Not gonna give a ton of excuses as to why I have not blogged in 12 years. Ok, maybe not 12 years but a really long time. Life has been busy and as I plan on blogging about it all in future posts I will just press on. 

So our normal Santa is watching you tradition involves smoke detectors. Weird I know but it was born out of sleep depravity and frustration. My oldest (5 at the time) was driving me up a wall and NOT listening to me. After he stuck his tongue out at me for the 4th time I took A deep breath, looked up and got an idea!


"See that?!" I pointed to the smoke detector. "That is a camera Santa and his elves watch you with to see how good you are being!"

Bam!! Instant attitude adjustment! It was awesome. As it has gone on I have caught the other kiddos talking to the detectors to either ask for something, say they are sorry for something or, yes, to rat out the others.

In recent years though it has had a bit less of an effect. They still believe, yes even the 10 year old, but they seem to be a bit more rambunctious and forget about the cameras. So i am going to try something new. (to us anyway)

The Elf On The Shelf!!

I have a plan for the introduction and when it is here I will let you know how it all went and if it is working. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay so glad you're back on the blogging train :) You have a lot of catching up to do I bet.. 10 years worth of photos and memories to get out and that's just the years with kiddos. I still have a lot of catching up to do and I started before my first was born, haha.. Get on it sister! Can't wait to hear how the elf tradition starts and goes for ya'll :)

    ReplyDelete